Welcome to MY world!

Well I have heard alot of complaints about not seeing my face or hearing my voice because im plastered to the computer. This is your chance to view and listen to all the crap you think you are missing. (You're not missing much...believe me!!!) Blessings everyone! :)

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The transplant process begins of friday.......

I recieved this email from tommys mother today...please take the time to read it...thanks

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't had a chance to write sooner. Tommy will go into Shand's this Friday. They will take him to surgery at 7:30 am. They will do the back up bone marrow harvest from him and put in a central line. About 2 hours of surgery. On Sunday, they will start the anticonvulsive meds. The chemo can cause seizures. On Monday they start the chemo.He will have chemo for 8 days. The 9th day they do the transplant. It takes around 50 days before they will know if it "took" and is working. He will be in the hospital for about 2 months. From there we have to stay in transplant housing behind the hospital for another 2-3 months. He will have to be at the hospital nearly daily for rechecks and blood transfusions. I need big stuff from you guys. I need you to pray, constantly, daily, vigiantly, without waivering for us. There is strength, power and healing in prayer. I still believe and trust the Lord to heal this boy. He believesJesus is healing him. This will not be over in a day or two. This will be months up to a year. Don't let the prayers cease. The Bible says pray without ceasing for there is great reward in it. It's easy with out own problems to forget about others but I beg you not to forget Tommy. Pray for strength, courage, no infection, no rejection, complete physical healing, little or no pain and problems.Stand fast with us. Plant your feet in concrete with us. Ask friends, churches, strangers anyone to pray. Don't stop. We can weather this storm. If he brings us to it, he will see us through it. His love is never ceasing and he will never leave us.Commitment to prayer is harder than people think but it will eventually become a part of daily life. We love all of you so much and we miss you. I am desperately looking for a laptop computer to have or use during this. Tommy needs to be able to see and talk to people who love him for support. He could do this through webcaming, and emails.His email is tommyhopkins9@yahoo.com. Bobby has his own too. Please don't forget him. He needs your strength too. He needs to not be forgotten through all of this. I know it's tearing him up inside too. The boys are like glue. Bobby's email is citraviper@yahoo.com
Thank you for praying and remembering us. Thank you for loving us.
I know God has you in his thoughts and will bless you.
Love,
Shelly

1 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger me said…

    You and yours remain in my prayers, Char! HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home